Getting Started – Student Checklist
You will have two main accounts while here at Immaculata:
Your MACNET network account is used on campus to log into computer workstations and labs, as well to access library resources.
- What are my username and password for MACNET? See – How do I login to on-campus computers?
- If you still cannot log in, you can contact the Help Desk at 610.647.4400 ext. 1234 or submit a support request
Your myIU account is used to access the university portal for grades, records, and registration, to get your email, and to access the online Learning Management System (LMS).
Set up your laptop/desktop:
You can connect your device to the university network for access to the internet and university file storage.
There are a few things you will need to do to prepare your devices for use on the university network.
- Purchasing a new device for school? Check out the Specifications for new hardware!
- Install anti-virus: Where can I get free quality anti-virus? (Yes, even Macs need anti-virus)
- Connect your laptop/desktop to Immaculata’s network: How can I access MACNET?
- Have an X-box, Wii, or PS3? How do I connect my game console to MacNet?
- Need Help getting connected? Contact the Help Desk at 610.647.4400 ext. 1234 or submit a support request
Don’t have your own computer? Use on-campus computers:
- Find an open student lab: Where can I find open student computing labs?
- Log into the IU network: How do I login to on-campus computers?
- Printers are available in most lab areas and the library: How many pages can I print?
Check your email:
Immaculata Students all receive an official email account through Google Apps. All official correspondence with the university uses this email.
You can access your Google Mail through the myIU Portal, directly through a special web page, or you can receive it right on your cellphone!
- Use myIU to access your email: Where do I log in for myIU?
- Access email directly through the webpage: How do I log in to Google Apps?
- Get your email on your cellphone: How do I get my IU email on my phone?
- Want to learn more? Where can I learn about Google Apps?
Access Online Materials for Classes through Moodle:
MOODLE is the university’s official Learning Management System (LMS). All classes that are 100% online are facilitated through MOODLE, and many professors teaching face-to-face classes also use it to provide handouts, reading notes, lecture materials, and even assignments and quizzes. Not all face-to-face courses use MOODLE, so be sure to ask your professor!
- How do I login to Moodle?
- How do I find my course in Moodle?
- I cannot see my course in Moodle!
- ACCEL Student? How do I get my ACCEL Learner Guide from Moodle?
Figure out which textbooks you’ll need:
- By logging into Moodle and checking your syllabus: How do I login to Moodle?
- Don’t see your course in Moodle yet? That’s okay! Just check the bookstore website